The word policy is a conviction closely related to the desired development and social action in the social system of the modern world. Social policy provides guidance on the design, nature, management and administration of social service activities as an important practice of social development in terms of overall welfare.
What is policy?
Policy is a set of guidelines regarding a specific course of action to achieve a goal. Policy is the vision and direction of action for the attainment of specific goals in social life. In general, the rules, procedures or practices adopted by a person, organization or government to achieve the desired and desired goals by conducting a work properly and properly are called policies.
Andrew Morris says that policy is a set of legal rules that are followed to achieve the goals of the department concerned.
Concept of social policy
An orderly and meaningful social service system in a society is developed within the framework of social policy. Apart from social service, the more significant features of social policy are governance and social legislation and international aid-cooperation agreements. Social policy is basically the policy formulated for social development and elimination of social problems. Different types of policies are formulated in a society or state system. For example: education policy, health policy, child policy, population policy, women development policy, labor policy etc.
Social policy is a course of action taken for the overall welfare of society. Social policy is a set of rules or practices that serve only as guidelines for the formulation or implementation of a program of social welfare.
According to the social work dictionary, social policies are those activities and rules of society that guide intervention and control in the process of establishing relationships between individuals, groups, collectives and social institutions. These activities and regulations are the result of social values and customs.
Professor Marshall said that social policy orientation refers to the policies adopted by the government, which are directly related to ensuring the welfare of the citizens by creating services and earning opportunities.
According to the Encyclopedia of Social Work (Encyclopedia of Social Network), social policies are those established laws, administrative provisions and organizational guidelines, procedures and ways of performance, which affect the social welfare of people.
Analyzing the above definitions, it can be said that social policy is a set of rules, procedures or strategies adopted by the government to achieve the individual, group and collective welfare of people and achieve social change and development for the overall welfare of the society. People participate spontaneously and strive to achieve specific goals by following ideals.
Characteristics of social policy
Social policy is a well-coordinated policy and strategy by the government to adopt and manage social service activities with the aim of achieving the desired change and development of the society. Social policies are formulated to accelerate the dynamics of society by ensuring the overall welfare of the people. The salient features of social policy are:
- Social policy is the guiding ideal of social development.
- Social policy is the process of adopting and implementing social service programs through which discipline and continuity of social service work is maintained.
- Social policy fulfills the expectations of the people in meeting the human needs of the people and solving the social problems.
- Social policy is adopted by the government and implemented through the joint efforts of the government and the people.
- Social policy acts as a driving force behind social decision-making. That is, it determines which of several alternative courses of action to adopt.
- Social policy promises desired social and economic change. Social policies are formulated to bring about desired changes for the overall welfare of the society in a well-planned manner.
- Social policy serves as a basis for formulating social plans and adopting and implementing programmes. Social policy encourages social activities. Because to achieve social goals many times different social problems. For example: bad habits, superstitions, ignorance etc. become obstacles. Social activities are needed to remove these obstacles. Social policy creates its field.
- Social policy helps the people living in the society to adapt to the ever changing society. Social policy is formulated in such a way that people are able to adapt to the changing social system.
- Social policy helps to maintain social equality, stability, order and continuity by coordinating various institutions and activities of the society.
A policy is a course of action to achieve a goal. Policy is the vision and direction of action for the attainment of specific goals in social life. In general, the rules, procedures or practices adopted by a person, organization or government to achieve the desired and desired goals by conducting a work properly and correctly are called policies. On the other hand, social policy is the course of action taken for the overall welfare of the society. Social policy is a set of rules or practices that serve only as guidelines for the formulation or implementation of a social welfare program.